MID TEST AND FINAL PROJECT
FAKULTAS KEGURUAN DAN ILMU PENDIDIKAN
PROGRAM STUDI PENDIDIKAN BAHASA
Jl. Ratu Penghulu Nomor 02301 Telepon/Fax (0735) 326122
Karang Sari Baturaja 32115 OKU Sum-Sel
MID SEMESTER TEST
Subject : Translation
Semester/ Class : V / non- regular (C.V.1 and C.V.2)
Credits : 2 SKS
Day/Date : Minggu, 26 Desember 2010
Lecturer : Merie Agustiani, S.Pd
Send to my email firstname.lastname@example.org at least on January 2, 2010 at 7 p.m.
1. Explain briefly the definition of Translation!
2. Explain briefly the differences among intralingual, interlingual, and intersemiotic translation! Give
example for each term!
3. a. Find the appropriate Indonesian equivalent of the English words underlined in the context.
1. Fine particles of gold are found in sweater.
2. It rained all morning, but turned fine later.
3. The traffic-law breaker was punished by a big fine
4. The late Mr. John was admired by everyone especially the children.
5. Sorry for coming late.
b. Translate the following Indonesian sentences into the equivalent English sentences!
1. Berjudi adalah kebiasaan yang buruk sekali.
2. Andita didenda karena mengendarai mobil tanpa lampu.
3. Kami tidak membeli sesuatu yang mahal tadi malam
4. Saya tidak hanya membaca bukunya tetapi juga menonton filmnya
5. Belum pernah aku melihat film sekocak ini.
4. Translate the following text from English into Indonesia!
As president of the Indonesian Chamber of commerce and Industry, I consider it an honor to be given the opportunity to address this message to the many readers of this magazine in the cities of South-East Asia and Australia.
If we look back several centuries in the history of Indonesia we will see that long before the Europeans had arrived in Asia there already existed at that time an entrepreneurship was very much alive in those days and entrepreneurs, the traders and the sea faring merchants were greatly respected members of the society.
Make a resume of Translation Subject. Write all things you’ve got during studying the lesson.
Send the RESUME to my email email@example.com at least on January 30, 2010 at 7 p.m.